The handbook covers marking, documentation, application, maintenance, inspection and rejection for different types of lifting gears. The book also covers lifting tables for chain, wire rope, fibre slings, eye bolts and signals and signs for safe use of cranes.
The book is on 136 pages, and contains 500 photos and illustrations.
1. Lifting appliances - use and function
2. Work areas and requirements to personnel
3. HSE, accidents and responsibility
4. Laws - Regulations - Standards
5. Glossary, expressions and acronyms
6. Slinging, center of gravity, working angles and lifting tables
7. Fibre slings
8. Lifting gears of chain
9. Wire rope slings
13. Eye bolt / Eye nuts / Lifting lugs
14. Other lifting gears / work equipment
15. Loads with lifting lugs / points
21. Signals and signs
22. Safety regulations for lifting operations
Personnel using lifting gir in industries as: building and construction, work shops and heavy industry, harbour-and oil bases, offshore installations and oil rigs.